Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Conversation with Pawan Goenka

My First mail to Mr. Pawan Goenka ******************************** Dear Pawan Ji Today I was going through an article where your were stating " Mahindra can be called the Maruti of the UV/SUV segment." Should be very frank it looks very funny to me based upon my past experience with both the companies. I can understand that one that article you were talking about your market positioning in SUV segment but I will again request you please in future never do this comparison because still in automobile segment people see Maruti with respect. One end Maruti who work upon customer complaints until & unless customer is saying yes now " I am happy! & will tell to others as well" & on another end the organisation lead by you. I am sharing one incident during my visit in one of Maruti workshop & they were discussing upon one feedback upon why a customer had given one point less in a service experience. According to customer he had given less number because he had to wait for more than 15 Min. in taking the delivery of his car & believe me after that incident I didn't notice that any of the customer had wait more than 15 Min. in that works shop.In fact my personal experience was always WOW with Maruti, they not only admit their problem but also provide the timely & satisfactory solution to their customer. Simultaneously in your workshop people have to visit multiple times for the same problem. I have numerous incident in my memories where I had called several times for the common problems like over heating, A/c is not working, car get dent in the workshop etc etc. Pawan Ji, today's consumer not leaving in era of '30 mins nahi toh free' but now their expectation had reached on the extend of 'pasand na aaye topaise wapas' It's my humble request from you being loyal customer of Maruti from the next time please don't compare your company with Maruti. Your company will take decades in being the 10% of Maruti, if not believing on my words please check your market reports & find out how many people are buying your product more than one time, I don't have the numbers but I am pretty sure that will not even the 1% of Maruti. Please don't take it as an negative manner because I am not belong to any PR agency who take money for writing & run such anti competitor movement on net. I am writing what I am feeling from the day one. That's why from the day one I had from each contact point in your organisation, " Please take your car back !" Regards Tapesh From:goenka.pawan@mahindra.com on dated Sep 22 to me Dear Mr. Tiwari, I appreciate your frank mail to me and accept the criticism. Having said that let me add – 1) I have utmost respect for Maruti. They have been consistently on top of JDPower customer satisfaction surveys and at least in India seen as company to benchmark when it comes to customer centricity. 2) I do not know what has led you to create such poor image of Mahindra but we do try as hard as anyone else to make our customers happy – yes we will not replace a car if a customer decides that he does not like the car. If other car companies do that, more power to them. We cannot match them. Besides as you have guessed all I had said was when it comes to SUVs we have model range to meet everyone’s needs just like Maruti does for hatchbacks. I do not want Mahindra to be compared to any other car company. Please accept my apologies if I have hurt your sentiments by the headline in TOI. Warm regards, Pawan Goenka My Reply to Mr. Goenka on dated Sep 22 Dear Pawan Ji Please find my reply below:
I appreciate your frank mail to me and accept the criticism.
Thanks !
Having said that let me add – 1) I have utmost respect for Maruti. They have been consistently on top of JDPower customer satisfaction surveys and at least in India seen as company to benchmark when it comes to customer centricity.
Yes they are ! You will hardly get a people who say that I will say no to Maruti.
2) I do not know what has led you to create such poor image of Mahindra
My case is not a Venus effect, it happens in Mahindra service centers on daily basis. It's not me, I can share with you at least 10 people who are owning or own Mahindra Vehicle & having the same image. In fact after taking one they had never chose it next time. Reasons behind that are very simple, multiple complaints on the same issue, problem in fundamental things( e.g.fading of paint, Car got dent during service in workshop only) which you can not even think from a car manufacturer. FYI I am referring few sites which can describe my words in a more supportive manner : http://www.consumercourt.in/product-services/73115-mahindra-logan-clutch-front-suspension.html http://www.mouthshut.com/cars-suvs/Mahindra-Renault-Logan-reviews-925071574 Still If you don't agree with me please visit to any of best rated scored service centers according to your company official data here in NCR (with out informing them prior on Sunday or Saturday ) & meet with any 10 customers , you need not ask with me why I am saying so. As a precaution I am telling don't try ever to inspect any vehicle as per your company service delivery check list because that's not your company culture that's why you will find each & every delivery is far head from delivery checklist. Forget about validating complaints which was raised by clients at time of giving the car at the time of service.
but we do try as hard as anyone else to make our customers happy
I am really sorry to say but for this wrong perception in each company & for this company management is responsible. These days this is a state of art quality you will find in each management graduate - by virtue of MS-Excel.By the way these days every organisation is hiring these type of people big in number to show this type of statement to his board.
Yes we will not replace a car if a customer decides that he does not like the car. If other car companies do that, more power to them. We cannot match them.
Don't worry these days People are busy in chasing politician once they will get free they will start chasing corporate personality in public forum then every one will start doing the same.
Please accept my apologies if I have hurt your sentiments by the headline in TOI.
It's OK. I know this not going to give me any things that's why closing this e-mail thread here only but still I want that MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA LIMITED board will spend some time on this that's why sending the hard copy of this e-mail to below mention people. Regards Tapesh CC To: NARAYANAN VAGHUL Anand Gopal Mahindra DEEPAK SHANTILAL PAREKH Arun Kumar Nanda ASHOK SEKHAR GANGULY BHARAT NAROTAM DOSHI VIKRAM SINGH MEHTA Ravindra KRISHNA Kulkarni NADIR BURJOR GODREJ Murugappan Murugappan Muthiah ANUPAM PRADIP PURI Vishakha Nirubhai Desai NARAYAN SHANKAR

No comments: